2022 Summer Reading – In Person Events
Story Times in the Parks Meet us in the parks for story times geared to young children, weather permitting. Story Times move to the library when it rains or feels hotter than 90F, but space will be limited. Check the Event Calendar the evening before whenever you're unsure whether we will meet at a park or at the library. You can also call us at 513-398-2711 the morning of. Siblings of any age are always welcome. We will have Live Animals visiting 6/7 and 6/10 story times! Drop in. No registration required.
Toddlers & Preschoolers @ 10 - geared for preschool-aged children and a caretaker. stories, songs, rhymes, and often a takehome craft
Babies & Toddlers @ 10:40 - geared for children under 3 together with a caretaker. Board Books, songs, dancing, and bubbles at the end
- Tuesdays – Fleckenstein Park Shelter #1, 3834 Mason Montgomery Rd.
- Wednesdays – Pine Hill Lakes Park, Lakeside Shelter, 211 Kings Mills Rd.
- Fridays except 7/30 – Cottell Park, Shelter #1 near lake and large playground, 5847 Irwin Simpson Rd.
Story Time in the Library Children of all ages are invited to join our children's librarians for an interactive session of bedtime stories, songs, and takehome crafts. This summer we are learning about the ocean! Parents should plan to attend with younger children to help with participation.
- Tuesdays 7-7:30p.m: Meet us near the Children's Meeting Room in the picture book area.
STEAM Story Time for Elementary Children, entering Grades K-6 only. Attendance is drop in, first come, first served, starting 15 minutes before class. We will have supplies for at least 25 children per session each week. Each class is designed to include science, stories, art, and music. Some weeks there may also be math, dance, games, or a special guest. Learn about the ocean, sharks, strange creatures, pirates, and more with stories, games, crafts, and a bit of science. This class is led by Ms. Cheryl and several teen volunteers. Each week we offer two identical sessions. The weeks are independent of each other.
Tickets for indoor programs are released 15 minutes prior to start, first come, first served. Line up near the children's DVD's. Children must be present to receive a ticket.
- Thursdays 1--1:45 p.m.– at the library.
- Thursdays 3-3:45 p.m – at the library
Crafternoons for Tweens and Teens only. These craft programs are open to tweens and teens entering Grades 5-12 only. Attendance is drop in, first come, first served, while supplies last. We will have supplies for at least 50 people each week. People will be seated as spaces open at the craft stations. There may be a wait for an open spot. Supplies are limited. Thank you for your patience.
- Monday, June 27, 1--3 p.m.– at the library. Learn to use alcohol ink to create either a unique work of art on a ceramic tile or on a mermaid tail pendant. Note: Alcohol ink is not food or dishwasher safe and you should not use your art tile as a plate.
- Monday, July 18, 1-3 p.m. - at the library. Create a small snack of candy sushi to taste. Note: Some ingredients may contain allergens. Ingredient lists and labels will be available but it is an attendee's responsibility to check whether their snack is suitable and safe for them.